Friday, October 9, 2009

New Orleans Cuisine...Worth the Weight!!

I love New Orleans!! I love the city and so much that has to do with it! The people are awesome--everyone is always so down to Earth. I love the architecture of the buildings and the rustic feel of it all (some of it is intentional, alot of it is not, and most of that is due to either age, Katrina, or both). I love the Seminary where I spent 3 years studying. I love the people I was here with! My former roommate Mark and I have talked about 2589899776234 times since I've been here. So much about this city still feels like "home" to a certain extent. I miss it. Now, I don't miss the class part of it!! Don't get me wrong, I loved learning and my professors. Awesome, awesome guys!! What I DON'T miss is the anxious feelings in the pit of my stomach as I was running late to class or getting ready for another exam I wasn't fully prepared for.

But I digress.

The whole point of this post was for, perhaps, my most favorite aspect of New Orleans: THE FOOD!! I remember being in school down here how much I enjoyed to delicacies of the city, but was always broke. I couldn't enjoy it as much as I would have liked. This visit? I'm diving in!

We've been eating at some incredible places!! Yesterday afternoon, we grabbed some eats at The Corner in Jackson Square. Dinner last night was at Italian Pie on Veteran's Blvd (Pizza Sub). Of course, we topped the evening off at Cafe DuMonde with some beignets and hot chocolate. Yes, it was 81 degrees last night, but nothing tops a beignet covered in powdered sugar, dipped in a hot chocolate. THE BEST!!!!!!!! Today for lunch was Deanie's. This may sound arrogant or disgusting, but I could NOT believe how much I ate!! Seriously, I had the Crawfish Duo (Fried Crawfish tails and Crawfish Etouffee) PLUS a half of a Crawfish PoBoy!! Sadly, I ate it all.

And now, remarkably, Kyle and I are discussing where to eat dinner. Tyler and Jimmy are eating at Ralph and Kacoo's with the other prospective students and professors, so we are on our own. Should it be red beans and rice? Gumbo? Or should we just skip supper and bury ourselves in Pralines?? Decisions, decisions...

What do you recommend???

No comments:

Post a Comment