Monday, October 12, 2009

Re-Writing a Classic

Many people would think what I'm about to do is blasphemy. If that's you, it's ok to be wrong. Some would think I'm making lite of an age old song. If that's you, you should probably stop thinking for yourself for a few days. But while this is a re-write of an age-old favorite, it's still my testimony. I'm no lyricist, but try to put the words to the tune. I promise you'll know it.

Jesus Loves Me
by Anna B. Warner and William B. Bradbury
Re-written by some local idiot

Jesus loves me! This I know!
For the Bible and the evidence of forgiveness and grace and an unending supply of unfailing love tell me so.
Little ones, and tall ones too, to Him belong;
We are incredibly weak and worthless and ignorant and sinful and incapable of doing anything on our own, but He is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me (for some reason)!
Yes, Jesus loves me (even though I don't deserve it)!
Yes, Jesus loves me (and it changes my life daily)!
The Bible, through the Holy Spirit showing me meaning and understanding, tells me so!

I'm looking to get in the studio as soon as possible.
What's your song?

No comments:

Post a Comment